Who is reading us ?

Sunday, December 4, 2011

WEEK 13 &14 Have you got green fingers ?

Review comparison



Past Simple versus Past Continuous

Past Simple here
Past continuous

a. Use
The Past Continuous tense is used to express continuous, ongoing actions which took place in the past. In the following examples, the verbs in the Past Continuous tense are in italics.
e.g. He was traveling in Europe last summer.
They were playing tennis yesterday afternoon.

The Past Continuous tense is frequently used to refer to an ongoing action which was taking place when something else occurred in the past.
e.g. I was washing the dishes when the telephone rang.
We were entertaining friends when the parcel arrived.

In the first example, the use of the Past Continuous tense indicates that the action of washing the dishes was taking place at the time when the telephone rang. In the second example, the use of the Past Continuous tense indicates that the action of entertaining friends was taking place at the time when the parcel arrived.

b. Formation
The Past Continuous tense is formed from the Simple Past of the auxiliary to be, followed by the present participle of the verb. For example, the Past Continuous of the verb to work is conjugated as follows:

I was working
you were working
he was working
she was working
it was working
we were working
they were working



Exercises to be done :

http://www.english-4u.de/past_prog_ex1.htm

http://www.kico4u.de/english/uebungen/7klasse/paprog1.htm

http://www.kico4u.de/english/uebungen/aktiv/mixed2.htm

http://www.esl-lounge.com/student/grammar/2g39-past-continuous-gap-fill.php
Jazz chant 14 :
http://www.onestopenglish.com/skills/listening/jazz-chants/mp3-files-and-recording-scripts/



John Lennon " A Jealous guy "
http://www.etni.org.il/jealousguy.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE&feature=related
Colour Idioms

9 comments:

  1. My grandpa has got green fingers. He's a very good gardener.
    Because she wasn't satisfied by her marks, she was changing all time the schools. She thanked wrong that "the grass is always greener on the other side".
    He's green with envy on his boss, because he's very rich.
    For his good mark at Maths, he painted the town red.
    The policeman caught the man red-handed. He was trying to steal a large sum of money from the shop.
    That thing was always like a red rag to a bull, for my uncle. He was becoming very angry.

    Dani T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I have got green fingers because I like plant flowers .

    2. The grass is always green on the oder side because almost ever what we have, at the other side is more green .

    3. I'm green envy because the other side have the grass more green like my .

    4. I caught him red handed when he want run away with my laptop .

    5. Anne was red rag to a bull when she said my secret .


    Georgiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREEN:
    "Green fingers because he has worked in the garden.In the garden green grass is almost always.He is green with envy because the grass in very green face neighbords' to him.

    RED:
    "I have the red hands because I wanted to paint the cage dog but I have not protected and are full of red paint on her hands.The color was taken entirely on walking down the street hands. passed a herd of bulls. I went to the bullfighter, I was chosen to toss up a bull but my hands have been confused with Red Bull and cloth was still "nervous" I promised myself that will not go to the red hands if I Bullfighter.

    Adela S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani T.
    Because she wasn't satisfied by her marks, she was changing schools ALL THE TIME. She thOUGHT wrongLY that "the grass is always greener on the other side".

    Georgiana

    I have got green fingers because I like plantING flowers .

    2. The grass is always green on the oTHer side because NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE HAVE WE ALWAYS ENVY SOMEONE.
    3. I'm green WITH envy because the other side have the grass more green THAN MYSELF .

    4. I caught him red handed when he wantED TO run away with my laptop .

    5. MY SECRET WAS AS A red rag to a bull TO HER .

    Vlad –EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT !

    Adela – SIMPLE SENTENCES WOULD BE BETTER !

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.He has green fingers in opinion of his wife.
    2.Jill: My job is so tedious. I wish I had my own business, like Beatrice does. Jane: Beatrice probably wishes she had the security of her old job. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    3.Rachel said that she is going in Saint Tropez for 2 weeks and when we heard that,we all were green with envy.
    4.When I have seen that the cookies are dissapearing from the kitchen, I realized that my friend was stealing them and I caught him red handed.
    5.For my teacher,the suggestion of not making class today was like a red rag to a bull.
    Vlad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.You have green fingers when your garden look like the garden of your boss.
    2.I'am green whit envry because the gras is always grener on other side.
    3.I cauhgt my cat red handed when she eat my milk.
    4.I love when the people it's like a red to a bull.


    Liana P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.I've got green fingers because i like planting trees and vegetables.
    2.The grass is always greener on the other side because they have more money.
    3.I'm green with envy because my friend is buying something that i don't have.
    4.I caught him red handed when he was stoling my credit card.
    5.When i yelled to she was like a rad rag to a bull.

    Gelu

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this book, he has green fingers.
    The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there.
    I'm green with envy because he has a new girlfriend.
    I caught him red handed when he ran away from that party.
    It was like a red rag to a bull when I said that her dress is horrible.

    Bogdan S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liana
    1.You have green fingers when your garden lookS like the your boss’S GARDEN
    2.I'am green wITH ENVY because the grasS is always grenEer on THE other side.
    3.I caUGHTt my cat red handed when she WAS EATING my milk.
    4.I love when THE SITUATIONS ARE like a red RAG to a bull.
    Gelu
    1.I've got green fingers because I like planting trees and vegetables.
    3.I'm green with envy because my friend is buying something that I don't have.
    4.I caught him red handed when he was steALING my credit card.
    5.When I yelled to HER IT was like a rEd rag to a bull.
    “I” IS ALWAYS A CAPITAL LETTER !
    Bogdan
    In this book, he has green fingers……….????
    It was like a red rag to a bull when I said that her dress WAS horrible.

    ReplyDelete